- Began his career as a musician and songwriter.
- His songs have been covered by Deep Purple, James Gang, Motley Crue and Tommy Bolin.
- A collaboration with Allen Toussaint, in 2007, with Cook as lead singer, resulted in the RHYTHM AND GROOVE club project which garnered airplay at AAA and Non Com radio as well as House of Blues and BB KING'S Bluesville.
- Jeff began working on the label side with Clive Davis at Arista as local, regional and then National promotion person. From there he became National Rock promotion person at Elektra Records and spent 8 years at the label. Phil Walden tapped Cook in 1991, for the reformation of Capricorn records where he served as Sr VP of Promotion and Marketing. In 2000, he joined New West Records where he worked as head of Promotion for 9 years. .
- Dean has worked in the radio broadcasting industry for nearly 20 years, doing everything from repairing old transmitters to managing station clusters; engineering to programming; DJ'ing overnights, to morning shows...
- Radio Stations he has worked for include KOTR San Luis Obispo Ca., KFOG San Francisco Ca., KRSH Santa Rosa Ca., Kink.FM Portland Oregon.
- He has produced and recorded musical artists since the analog days of recording (favorite production: "Land and Sea Shantys" by Tim Bluhm (of the Mother Hips).
- Dean has recorded countless major label artists in live performance and studio sessions and produced extensive audio and video content. His last production of 'Kink Live 12' charted in the Billboard charts
- Dean also operates his own audio/video business: Dean K Productions in Portland Oregon.
dean k productions